All About the New GrantStation.com
A new GrantStation is coming! We will still have the same great content and the same high-quality listings of grantmakers. However, we are building a more advanced platform so that we can start delivering new tools and functionality for our valued Members. Check out the pictures of the new site below.
Our new look includes a slide show, front and center on our homepage, which will highlight specific items of interest for you each week.
Links to our key features will be in the upper right, including the link for your Login.
- You’ll find access to our databases under Find Grantmakers.
- Tools like Grants2020 and the Grantseeking Calendar process are under Build Strategy.
- Check out Write Proposals for the tutorials on how to complete a grant request.
- Under Public Resources you’ll find:
- the GrantStation Insider newsletter (both domestic and international); and,
- links to TrendTrack, PathFinder, and Online Education.
New Search Interface for the U.S. Charitable Giving Database
We have made some changes to help you with your research:
- Your searches will be more responsive so that you get results just seconds after you click the criteria.
- You will also be able to refine your search more easily since the results of each search combination will be displayed on the same page.
- The results display the Geographic Focus where each grantmaker gives, so that you can prioritize your research.
We have added new search criteria:
- We have fine-tuned our criteria in the Areas of Interest, Target Populations, and Types of Support, and have added new ones such as Charter Schools and Microfinance
- You can now filter by Type of Grantmaker, such as corporate giving programs and religious grantmakers.
- You can look for global grantmakers giving to U.S. organizations.
- You can find grantmakers by the state where they are located, not just by the states that are their giving focus.
We will have a video tour of the new search process available, as well as a tutorial.
What’s Coming in the Future
We will introduce new features throughout the year so that you can take your time learning how to use each one. Here are some of the resources we will roll out within the next six months after launching:
- Ability to save searches and reports
- Your own personal dashboard with your saved results
- Enhanced search interface for our Canadian Charitable Giving Database
- New interactive tools for building funding strategies
Once we launch, we will want to know what you think! All of our changes are driven by our conversations with our Members so we look forward to hearing your feedback. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to reach out to David Preis, Director of Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at how the new site is shaping up!